The Jade Roller, made of natural stones, is a beauty device that is used for facial massage. Dating back to 17th century China the natural stones have been used in skincare routines for thousands of years.
Six Benefits of using a Jade Roller and Gua Sha stone
There are many benefits of using a Jade Roller as part of your skincare routine:
- The key benefit is that using the Jade Roller improves your circulation and lymphatic draining in your face, which results in your skin looking less puffy. By reducing puffiness, the Jade Roller helps you to achieve a natural glow.
- By embracing acupressure, or even just performing a gentle facial massage, you will help to calm your mind and reduce your chances of getting headaches, pain, sinus congestion, eye strain and lower eyelid puffiness.
- The Jade Roller also helps to reduce the tension that builds up in your facial muscles and it also helps to prevent ageing by allowing you to smooth out any wrinkles you may have.
- The Jade Roller also enhances your skin’s absorption of toner, moisturiser, eye cream etc.
- The Jade Roller comes with two varied sized ends. The larger end can be used for the forehead, face and neck, while the small roller can be used for your eyes and nose.
- The Jade Roller crystals are not just aesthetically pleasing, they also are cold to touch which comes with additional benefits. The cold touch will restrict blood flow to a particular area of your face, and when you apply pressure to this area, this will push fluid, known as lymph, to your lymph nodes which in turn will filter out toxins from your skin.
- You can store your Jade Roller in the fridge to keep it even cooler.
How does the Jade Roller and Gua Sha Stone Work Acupressure?
To get the most benefits from using your Jade Roller, it is important that you use it correctly as part of your skincare routine.
- To begin, do your cleansing skincare routine as normal.
- Once done, pick up your Jade Roller and start to rub it against your face. For every movement, you must apply three strokes of light pressure, working with one side of the face at a time. To begin, you should start at the centre of your chin and roll out and up towards your ear. Next, move the roller up to the side of your mouth. Once done, repeat these movements on the other side of your face.
- Repeat step two again, but this time start at the side of your nose. From here, move the Jade Roller under your eye, keeping those movements horizontal to your temple. Once done, you can repeat this on your eyelid and the other side of your face.
- On your forehead, roll the Jade Roller upward from your brow to your hairline. Then, roll it horizontally out towards your temple. Once done, repeat this on the other side of your forehead.
- Once all movements have been completed on both sides of your face, you should clean your Jade Roller for storage. It is best to clean it with a damp cloth only and never use it under the shower.
The goal of completing the movements in the directions outlined above is to promote a radiant skin glow. By pushing the Jade Roller in a particular way, you are pushing trapped fluid in your skin cells towards your lymph nodes. Why not treat yourself to a Jade Roller today, your skin will thank you for it!